Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

Enjoying a Saturday Night

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 16 May 2009 | Views [511]

Doreen and Eugenia at a Birthday party and they had a white French Bulldog and a brown Fila Braisileiro (Brazilian Mastiff)

Doreen and Eugenia at a Birthday party and they had a white French Bulldog and a brown Fila Braisileiro (Brazilian Mastiff)

My friend Eugenia invited me to see her dance on Saturday night.  She has a regular dancing assignment at a place named Cantina Don Carlos in Cordoba.  Eugenia has been dancing Arabe (belly dancing) for more than 10 years.  She owns a dance studio that she runs during the week that offers dance lessons in salsa and belly dancing for all ages.  In latin america the majority of people have their own businesses, that is really the only way to make a living because working for someone else just doesn't pay enough.  Also after her show we went to a Birthday party.  For the Argentianians celebrating your birthday, in a big way, is expected here.  In fact, they had a DJ playing music, food, and lots of Fernet (the local drink of choice here).  The guy who had the birthday party had these two dogs that I absolutely adored!  One was a French Bulldog and the other one was a breed from Brazil called Fila Brasileiro (Brazilian Mastiff) which looks like a cross between a Mastiff and a Bloodhound and were originally bred to protect the Brazilian Plantations of the 19th century.  As you can see, they were totally dead tired and were sleeping through the loud DJ music the whole time!

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.