Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

What Did She Say?

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 4 October 2008 | Views [618] | Comments [4]

Doreen checking the Matambre (beef)

Doreen checking the Matambre (beef)

Gloria invited her classmates (she takes English class once a week) over for an Asado on Friday Night.  They cooked Matambre (beef loins) on the grill.  I was proud of myself because this was the first time that I felt 99% comfortable in a group situation speaking the language and understanding the conversation.  Everyone around me is so helpful and patient with me.  Its a great feeling.  Also today I had to pat myself on the back because I was in the park walking on the trail, and this guy ahead of me had his Boxer off the leash and it was running around like crazy.  As I passed him on the trail, I actually commented in spanish to him that he had a cute dog and it had alot of energy.¨  And because he thanked me and smiled, this makes me believe he understood every word I said.  There is nothing worse than when I´m talking and the person listening to me looks like they want to run away from me because they don´t understand my heavy accent trying to speak their language.  Oh, how funny I must sound :-)  

Comments

1


Sounds like you are accomplishing more than you think. By the time you leave there in 4 months, you'll will have picked up a lot more of their way of speaking than you thought. Enjoy your experience and you will absorb more than you realize. Glad to see that pretty smile of yours.



  Marilyn Oct 9, 2008 1:23 AM

2

Tengo invidia. Qué bueno que tengas esta oportunidad maravillosa!! Me encanta tu hermosa sonrisa. El VRB

  Ricardito Oct 29, 2008 8:26 AM

3

What you really said to the guy was probably that "He sure looked cute and that you thought that he would look cute in Boxers." That is probably why he was smiling........

  Curt Oct 29, 2008 11:54 AM

4

ohhhh doreen estas haciendo el asado

  lisette Aug 16, 2009 5:22 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.