Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

Study Time

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 21 September 2008 | Views [411] | Comments [5]

Doing my homework

Doing my homework

Its almost been two months that I have been in Cordoba.  I can´t believe how fast time flies.  I am getting use to the city and the people, but at times I feel like I should be learning more Spanish.  I want to know it all right now, and that is impossible because a language takes time to learn especially because my brain isn´t 20 anymore!!  I have the utmost respect for anyone who speaks another language besides their native language.  It takes so much work and dedication.  I make so many mistakes every day and all I can do is laugh or else I´d cry. 

Comments

1

Hi Doreen,
How are you! Dejanae and I had a few minutes so we wanted to write you a note to say hi and that we miss you! Do you miss us? We are wondering what it is like in Argentina. Are you haveing fun? Dejanae is going up north with her grandmother and her great grandmother so she will tell us about her trip when she comes back. We will write you back next week!

  malinda and Dejanae Sep 25, 2008 3:53 AM

2

Don't feel bad..your're doing great and I can see you've made a lot of progress since you arrived. Keep tryng bacause you can make although your brain isn't 20 anymore. We all love you here! keep that in mind.

  Walter Sep 25, 2008 10:31 AM

3

Don't worry about not learning as much as you THINK you should be. You will be surprised how much you are absorbing living there without even realizing it. Take heart in knowing you are doing the best you can and by the time you come home you will have added lots of knowledge and experiences to your life. We for sure don't want you to cry-so relax, do what you can and enjoy your experience there. We will miss and be thinking of your on Sat. Love you lots.

  Marilyn Sep 26, 2008 12:56 AM

4

It’s been so interesting reading your journal and enjoying the variety of pictures. You should be so proud of yourself - going to another country, continuing to learn the language you love (with your determination, you'll do great), moderating students at the English School, continuing to meet amazing people from their culture and salsa dancing. How fun is that? Time goes by so quickly so enjoy each day.
Be safe Doreen,
Nancy

  Nancy Byrne Sep 26, 2008 10:50 PM

5

From my new email address: rickreiter@msn.com

Yes, it is frustrating not learning as fast as we would want. A wise teacher once told me to remember that we will NEVER speak as well as a native speaker so we should just relax and do the best we can. Even though I teach it, when I get into a real situation I realize how much I don't know and ten minutes later I realize I made a mistake.. Hang in there. Ricardito

  Ricardito Sep 30, 2008 6:21 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.