Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

El Asado (the welcome BBQ party)

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 13 August 2008 | Views [729] | Comments [1]

Miguel (Gloria´s brother) getting ready to cook the costillas (ribs)

Miguel (Gloria´s brother) getting ready to cook the costillas (ribs)

On Sunday, Gloria´s family came over for a BBQ or in Argentina its called "Un Asado."  The Argentinans love their meat!  And in the photo gallery there are pictures of the meat being cooked outside in la chiminea.  Walter and Gloria have a nice back patio and an eating area for long tables and lots of chairs.  My favorite was the chorizo and the morcilla (black sausage).  The chorizo isn´t as spicey as the chorizo in Mexico and the Morcilla was actually soft and smooth not chewy like a bratwurst.  I had two helpings of everything.  I was really hungry on Sunday.  Funny, I find I am really hungry everyday.  I think its because I´m so relaxed and happy to be here.  Actually, when we were walking around the neighborhood we went into a pharmacy where there was a scale and we all weighed ourselves.  I was at 72 kilos (I´ll let you do the math into pounds, ha ha) so Gloria bet me that I will gain weight from eating her food for the next 6 months.  I said I won´t because its all meat and vegetables and I won´t be driving...I´ll be walking everywhere so I´m hoping I will stay about the same.

Please take a moment to look at the pictures I have uploaded so far.

Comments

1

Hi Doreen,
Glad to hear you had a safe trip to Argentina. Bet you were very exhausted from the long flight. Curt says he has a weight conversion chart so now we know your true weight ha ha!!! Nothing to worry about - you look great!! Interesting pictures and fun to read your log. We'll continue to keep in touch -hope you have lots of fun! Love, IOne and Curt

  Curt and Ione Snesrud Aug 13, 2008 1:07 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.