Existing Member?

ROADTRIPS

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [367] | Scholarship Entry

Due to the poorness, the lack of education and the violence, in Mexico it´s very hard to find a decent job nowadays, this is what inspired this video. Carlos loves indie Rock, so he sells pirate CDs in order to have a decent way of living. Is he a bad guy? Is he doing it in order to destroy the record industry of the music he loves or is he´s just trying to survive?

I started working as a documentary photographer and filmmaker in Cuba and Mexico during my University years, my thesis is a photo essay about the changes of the individuals though the tour of the Mexican Rock band Sour Soul during two months through the U.S.A. in 2009. In 2008 I travelled to Pusan, South Korea to cover the TreX-Games and in 2010 I flew to Algeria to make a photo essay about the children the Western Sahara Refugee Camps.

My goal is to demonstrate trough documentary how inside this world there are many worlds and different ways of living, I see myself as a tourist of other people´s lives. This scholarship means the chance to meet a new reality and show my feelings about it.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.