Existing Member?

Botswana & South Africa

"Visiting Scholar"

BOTSWANA | Wednesday, 26 February 2014 | Views [358]

Wednesday was a very productive day!!! I was checked out of the Mondior by 8:30am, ready for Doc to come to pick me up around. She had supervision with a student at 9am so I wandered around the campus people watching. My summation of UB is that it's just like any other university in the states accept for the many black, beautiful faces. Having spent my life in predominately white universities, I was in awe by the many black, brown, biege faces around campuses. We were in the majority!!! I sat in the courtyard, discreetly taking pictures, trying to capture campus life. Once doc was done, we were off to her psychopathology class early for a "focus group" she had scheduled (providing students extra credit to meet me earlier and ask questions). There were roughly 10-15 students that came in early. By 11 am doc made announcements and I suppose by 11:15 - 11:30 I began my intro to play therapy presentation. It went well. I did not disappoint. Once my presentation was over, on to the day's lecture on anxiety & mood disorders. And with any other classrooms I've been in in the states, students were the same -- some engaged, some not. 

Once class ended, we went for lunch at the staff lounge and doc introduced me to several faculty members as a "visiting scholar. After lunch was a meeting of the injury research team. Ahhh, POLITICS! Everything we do, every interest, must jump through hopes and face politics, including "research". That was my day. Once all that done, back to the Hana Guest House and slept. Jetlag still but getting better but I'm still waking up at 3am.

About domzworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.