Existing Member?

Trekking Ireland and Austria

Dublin

IRELAND | Saturday, 2 February 2008 | Views [344]

We arrived safely back in Dublin yesterday afternoon!!

It was a bit hard going at first. From Kilkenny we were making our way to Cashel, to see the Rock of Cashel, when we ended up on some little one way country road and were hit by a blizzard! It was crazy. About 20mins later the sun was shining, however as soon as we went to get out of the car to see the Rock, we experienced total blizzard conditions, again. We took this as our sign that we didn't need to get out and see the Rock, that photo's from the outside would be fine. Cashel was a gorgeous little village, which was something we weren't expecting. Had some similar characteristics to Kilkenny.

We soon began the trek back to Dublin. In the distance the sky was looking terrible. It was as black as you could get i think! You just expected a twister to appear, that is how bad it was, yet against the landscape it looked really cool.

Before heading back to Kate's place, we went up to the Dublin Mountains so I could experience Johnnie Fox's, which is the highest pub in Ireland. It is a very cool little pub! I am sure it would have an awesome atmosphere in the night and when it is full, which according to Kate is most nights! As we were taking the car back, the only time we could go was lunch, so lunch it was. The food was great, and the decor fantastic.

We just managed to get to Kate's right as yet another blizzard blew threw Dublin. It was amazing to see. A cold snap has just come across the country and is causing all this crazy weather, Kate and Brian haven't seen snow in Dublin for a very long time! I think the snow god is just preparing us for our Austria adventure, which begins tomorrow!! YAY!

Today is Kate's birthday! We headed around Dublin on a hop-on hop-off tour. It was great to see Dublin, after havign been everywhere else in the country! It isn't the nicest City in the World, yet am sure it isn't the ugliest either. There is just something about it though that doesn't make it a Galway...the vibe just seems off.

I did manage to find myself a new alcoholic beverage!! Now, before you turn your nose up, you should at least try it - Jamieson Irish Whisky and Cranberry Juice! Delicious!! We did the tour around the Jamieson Distillary and it was rather interesting. We got a complimentary drink at the end, and Kate said i had to try this one. FANTASTIC!

Tonight we are heading to see Beauty and the Beast at the Gaiety Theatre. We have our own little box, like the royals!! We are princesses after all! Firstly though, we are drinking some fine champagne in celebration of Kate's birthday.

Tomorrow it is Austria, woohoo!

Tags: Adventures

About djoiner


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.