Existing Member?

Di Rosa's World Read my social commentary from journeys around the globe!

Searching for Sex in Buenos Aires

ARGENTINA | Monday, 8 October 2007 | Views [5110]

It was lunch time in Buenos Aires and we both fancied eating one of the local specialities, a Tostado, which is like a toastie sandwich. 

As we roamed the streets looking for a suitable establishment, our eyes stumbled on a smart looking cafe called New Orleans. We looked through the cafe's steamy windows and spotted a lady gobbling down a Tostado.  Both licking our lips with enthusiasm we decided to go in. 

I noticed upon entering how popular this particular cafe was with lone females and I thought I had made a good choice!

Jonny, realising we didn't have enough change, disappeared to find a nearby cash machine whilst I proceeded to order.

As I sat watching the world go by (BA is a great place to people watch!) I noticed how glamorous these Argentinean ladies were, with their newly applied lipsticks and well-groomed hair.  Nearly hypnotized by a huge pair of pushed up bosoms I took another sip of my strong South American coffee.

I noticed a young man who was sitting in the corner of the cafe, staring at me; yes me?  I felt my cheeks burn red as the gentleman had no shame in blatantly staring at me.  Determined to catch my attention, he refused to look away or even blink.  I thought to myself ’typical I am alone in Latin America for two minutes and the men here go hysterical, they are like dogs on heat!'

After giving the young man a few of my classic ´don't even think about it’ looks,  I must admit I was a little offended how easily he gave up on me and moved on to the lady sitting to my left. 

He must have received good eye contact back because in the next minute he got up from his corner and walked over to her, sat with her, stroking her hand, she giggling out loud! 

I was quite intrigued as to how the Argentineans were operating and couldn't stop watching this animal instinct behaviour unfolding in front of me.

After 5 minutes of non stop flirtation they actually both got up and left the cafe together! Wow! I thought, that man was on a mission, a mission to pull.  Can’t say I have ever seen a man pull more successfully than him before!!

After long last my food arrived and after contemplating if I should wait for Jonny to arrive before scoffing, I decided nah sod it I’m hungry!  As I took my first bite from my tasty Tostado, an older chap walked over to me and with a twinkle in his eyes asked me something in Spanish.  Unfortunately all I could understand was ´Quanta Costa? ´

I tried to explain to the elderly gentleman the tostado cost 12pesos but the gentleman simply shrugged his shoulders, laughed and sat opposite me at my table!

Looking at the gentleman in confusion but not wanting to offend, I tried to explain to him in my best Spanish, I was expecting someone and the seat was taken but the old man just kept smiling?? Perhaps my Spanish was worse than I thought!  Has this gentleman completely misunderstood me?

Hmmm I thought, could it be possible that this nice old man wants something more from me??? 

Whilst trying to fathom this strange behaviour out, I noticed from the corner of my eye another man whispering sweet something’s into a pretty blonde girls ear and then slip a bundle of bank notes into her delicate hand.  When they both left the cafe together, it all started to make sense.

These glamorous Argentinean women are........prostitutes! No surely not? Yes working girls at work.

As it all became clear, Jonny walked through the doors.  He looked bewildered when he noticed I had company.  Waiting for an introduction, I quickly explained using the best vocal I could ´Jonny this old bloke thinks I'm a hooker!'

Unfortunately the elderly gentleman started to become a little agitated at this point, waving his arms in the air screaming ´Vamos, Vamos.´

Let’s just say we left the gentleman and the cafe a little disappointingly.

So in Buenos Aires working women make agreements with cafe owners to allow them to tout for business, as long as they buy drinks and food and most of all keep it respectable.

Sex in Argentina especially Buones Aires is much freer and open.  The men are quite macho whilst woman use their sexuality to get what they want.

In most street plazas you will see many different spectacles, they are all at it! And the culture to sex is very different to that of the reserved British. 

As for me with all this rumpy pumpy going on I´m going to need a good long stiff one.........drink that is!!!

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.