Existing Member?

Mandy's Movements

Korcula

CROATIA | Sunday, 7 October 2012 | Views [364]

Getting frustrated with the crowds in Dubrovnik we travelled to the island of Korcula to have a few days of rest and to try to ignore that day I reached a particular milestone. We really could not have chosen a better destination for my coming of age. Despite the beaches being rocky the waters in this part of the world are crystal clear and not yet too cold to have a dip. This is against a backdrop of mountains on the Croatian mainland and boats sailing on the Adriatic. Hard work but we were willing to make the sacrifice.

My birthday started quietly but later in the day the guys whipped up this amazing fruit cake for me which, you guessed it, was made of fruit! And it had candles stuck in the bananas on it too! Best birthday cake ever because, as some of you are aware, I´m not much of a sweet tooth. The owners of our apartments also left us a couple of bottles of their red wine for my birthday which was lovely of them. That night we went to a lovely restaurant on seafront (so posh the table had a tablecloth!) and I got my much wished for fish for dinner and it was absolutely beautiful. The others happened to mention that it was my birthday so the restaurant also gave me a piece of cake complete with a candle. See the pic! The final destination for the night was a cocktail bar in a turret. This required us to climb up a step ladder to get to the top. It was hilarious! While sipping our Sex on the Beaches we watched the bartender retreive and return orders to a pulley that was steered up and down the turret from the bar below. As you can imagine it is not a good idea to have a few cocktails before climbing back down...

We spent the next few days in Korcula going for walks, swims and sleeps. On one day we dragged ourselves to a town nearby to visit their beaches and just have a wander... Korcula is a beautiful place to have a few days, weeks or months rest. We all absolutely loved our time there. After six nights however we did have to consider our next moves as there is so much to see in this part of the world...

About dimanamandy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.