Existing Member?

Didi The Explorer Some notes, thoughts, photos and videos of my journey around this planet.

Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 10 November 2008 | Views [419]

I have been in Sydney for about a week now and I am starting to love this town. It is full of cool little suburbs that are fun to explore. For the  first few days I did not do much as I had to sort out all the boring stuff like banks, tax file numbers and joining an agency. Now that most of that is done I have been able to explore and do some tourist stuff. Esmay came to Sydney for a long weekend so we went to the opera house and saw a concert. We caught the ferry to Manly and sat on the beach. It was not a nice as I have expected esp after everyone had bigged up Manly. We also went to Bondi beach and had fish and chips. Yummy!! It has been nice to be stay in one place and unpack a little or spread my shit out all over the place as I have done. The hostel is ok. I am staying at the Pink house. It is quite large and it appears that a lot of people staying there are actually living there. This is not the cheapest option in Sydney. So anyway the hostel hmmm bad kitchen, bathroom ok, dorms small but does the job. I am leaving the hostel on thursday to go to Newcastle to see some friends and then when I come back to Sydney for a few weeks I am planning to stay somewhere else. This will hopefully be better but also gives me a chance to explore a different area of Sydney. 

 

About didi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.