Existing Member?

Didi The Explorer Some notes, thoughts, photos and videos of my journey around this planet.

Melaka

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 31 October 2008 | Views [502]

We left Penang on one of those wonderful buses they have here. It took around nine hours to reach Melaka. It was sad to leave Penang as I had really liked the city and loved the little India. We had done some could shopping and saw lots of temples. We had even managed to get to the Botanic gardens. We did get lost on the way there in the stinking heat. Apprently no buses go there and after what seemed liked hours of walking, waiting for buses and buses not stopping. We got a taxi there. The gardens are ok but the best bit about them is the monkeys running around. As we arrived we saw a monkey steal an ice cream froma girl and run off to eat it. Not sure what kind of monkeys they were but they were cheeky. I had of course replaced my camera by this point so normality had resumed. So to Melaka. Strangly the bus station is way out of town so when you arrive you have no idea where you are or where you are going. Again due to the extreme knackered ness we hopped into a taxi and eventually got to chinatown. The only problem was that we had not taken the holiday divawli in consideration and the hostel we had planned to stay in was fully booked. Luckily there were two beds in the dorm left so I had my first experience of sleeping in a dorm. The dorm was fine. It was big and everyone was very quiet. We did get a room the next night which makes life just a little easier and it means that you can spread your shit all over the place. Melaka is a nice town to wonder round. We went to the night market in chinatown on the sunday night and bought some silly things. The best about Melaka was the mega mall and oh my is was mega. So huge we got lost in it. We spent most of the next day shopping in the mall. We went to the cinema which is an extremly cheap way to spend a few hours. And that was hours time in Melaka only one full day  and two nights. We got the bus to KL the next morning.

 

About didi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.