Existing Member?

my little (mis)adventures ummm...where am i?

fun with horse races & townships

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 1 February 2011 | Views [360]

so the week was a blur of work and bars, bars and work and this past weekend was quite eventful. on saturday we got on our pretty lil' dresses n sunglasses and headed to the J&B horse races. it was touted as the most fashionable event of the year with the theme of 'larger than life' and overall it was very entertaining. there were male acrobats, there was a 'most elegant couple' contest with the girls on stage yammering on about how they've been planning their outfits for the past year. the double vodkas were flowing from noon onward and by the time i finally decided it was time for me to place some bets, the races were over. 
yesterday was a day out in the townships, all my girlies went shark cage diving, so i went off to mzoli's. it was crazy packed with like a kajillion people there and it was great. people were getting down on top of a van, we had a cooler full of savanahs n beers, lots of peeing in the rank-as-india men's loo. then it was off to my friend solz's brother's bar in kaiheyletsha, which some say is the most DANGEROUS TOWNSHIPPPPPP (is not). took some night time photos of shacks while driving around, quality fun times. topped off with a trip to nando's and a whole chicken with stacks of portugese buns n butterrrrrrr YUM YUM.
now for my sad news: believe it or not, yesterday morning i was walking to the grocery store (stone cold sober, people!) and stepped on a branch or stick or something on the sidewalk and it snapped over and stabbed me in the fucking foot. didn't think anything of it,  and now is fucking fat, puffy, infected and super painful. i dunno what i was thinking but i hobbled off to work today, barefoot through the cbd, getting on the train all that with no shoes. how nasty am i? pretty damn nasty. my supervisor took me to the doctor who's now put me on antibiotics and i hate antibiotics! BUT overall, its been a good week (though i don't even really remember anything about it) and weekend so hopefully i can walk again tomorrow and all will be well. til next time!

About dianacchan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.