Existing Member?

my little (mis)adventures ummm...where am i?

schnitzels, mozart...and h&m

CANADA | Friday, 26 June 2009 | Views [444] | Comments [2]

so if it hadnt been raining absolute BUCKETS the last few days, vienna would have been even better! apparently its been highly uncharacteristicly bad weather and there were even flood warnings. either way, im so loving austria, eating schnitzels and mystery sausage.

i went to my first ever modern art gallery in viennas famous museum quartier and i gotta say, i totally do not get it. there was one canvas that was just grey. another with crayon scribbles like on brown wrapping paper. then i saw a lady admiring this one piece which was just a bunch of cardboard boxes piled up on each other and she was oooohing and aaaahing and all "just look at that formation, oh my god its amazing". so i stared long and hard at it and all i noticed that was one of the boxes was for fig newtons. oh well.

but the next day i went to the leopold museum and it was amaaaaaaaazing. not like i know anything about art but it was all austrian art from the early 1900s and it was so so sooo good. i also went to sigmund freuds old flat which had been turned into a museum which was interesting.

and one night i went to the opera. and yes, by myself. had to queue up to buy standing tickets and it was for mozarts the magic flute. apparently, quite famous. id never been to an opera before and i must say it was quite good. luckily there were little individual screens that showed translations or i wouldve been more lost than i already was. im still not sure what happened but there was a prince who loves a princess and needs to save her from an evil but turns out to not be evil cult, maybe? there were people dressed up like animals and a queen with a big sparkly crown, it was good. the only not good part was that it was THREE hours long which i hadnt anticipated and by the end of it my back was killing me and i was starving, but it was only 3 euro so what can i say.                 

other than that, i did a heap of shopping which id avoided til now but coudlnt help it, it was pissing rain! for some reason there are like 5 h&m stores all within walking distance of each other basically and i needed pants...and then today i bought 2 pairs of shoes....

anyway now im in salzburg and its absolutely gorgeous! walked all over and went up to this big fortress on a mountain which had the most stunning views, really. sound of music madness all over the place. and tomorrow im booked in for the sound of music tour (im sorry linda tay it had to be done!!!) so looking forward to that! im a total loser, i know.

Comments

1

OMG whatever!!!! I can't believe you're doing the Sound of Music tour without me! You better take lots of pics so you can show me.... and tell me if it's super ultra good and totally worth going all the way to salzburg to see. (although even if you told me it was totally crap and a waste of money, i'd probably make the trek there either way lol). Have you been reading my facebook msgs?! This whole Jon & Kate scandal has really devastated me. lol that's about all that's going on in my life right now. EXCITING times i tell you! miss you! xoxo

  Linda Jun 26, 2009 6:05 AM

2

The Sound of Music tour sounds cool! Make sure you write about it!

  Reyna Jun 26, 2009 1:27 PM

About dianacchan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.