Existing Member?

my little (mis)adventures ummm...where am i?

roman holiday, with ed

ITALY | Monday, 8 June 2009 | Views [631] | Comments [4]

sadly, my week with ed has come to an end and now i am stuck in napoli until the 10th. im not exactly loving naples and 5 nights here is not how i imagined my time but what can you do, no ferries to croatia til then!

met up with ed in rome and the first thing we did was...get lost. in the chinatown ghetto. but eventually we made it to the coloseum which was very cool despite the old fat dudes dressed like gladiators smoking and talking on their cell phones outside of it.

i think the 2nd day we were there it was some sort of national holiday so they did crazy shit like shut down the whole coloseum so that firefighters could put up a massive italian flag down the side of it for 5 minutes. they also shut down the metro station there so we got lost somewhere (its a bit of a theme here in italy) and stumbled upon the what would you call it...mission? nun home? i dont know, im not catholic, where mother teresa would stay when she was in rome and a nun took us to her room which was a nice little side excursion.

we meant to go see the pope but then we slept in instead...we still made it to the vatican though! its kinda funny, in the sistine chapel youre supposed to be SILENT. and to emphasize this point, they have it on LOUD SPEAKERS saying basically, "please be quiet, blah blah blah..." in like 6 different languages. oh, the vatican!

i want to say here, that ed claims he was having a bit of a "blonde week" and one standout soundbite would be "this calendar is 2010, dont you think theyre a bit late for that".

we then came to naples where everyone weve met has made it out to be horrible and dangerous. those 2 italian dudes i met in florence said i had a 50% chance of getting robbed and "ah, we will see your face ah, in the newspaper!" its not too horrible, but it sure seems like some sorta ghetto compared to the rest of italy. in my lonely planet it says something like "youll never feel more alive than when youre in naples" i think maybe its cause every few minutes a vespa or car is trying to run you over. the one good thing about naples is the PIZZA! we went to one of the best pizza restaurants in the city where pizza was born and it was delish. under 4 euros for a pizza the size of my upper body.

yesterday we went to the pompei ruins which was really cool. standout site would be the brothel, but of course. they have beds carved out of stone or something in each room and above the doors there are "erotic" paintings to show those ancient pompei people how to get it on. and that is how they learned doggy style.

and then boo, ed left! am now in naples getting steadily harassed by males ranging from 17 to 80. jeeeeeez. by the way, does the train line "trenitalia" sound dirty to anyone, or is it just me?

Comments

1

Sounds like you're having fun! What are you going to do for the next few days?

Mom and I just watched Angels and Demons so it's kinda like we were there too (but not really).

  Reyna Jun 8, 2009 8:38 AM

2

Naples is dirty dirty, you better watchout. Love your pics upload on FB.

  Keroppi Jun 8, 2009 9:22 AM

3

Jesus Dee, give me a break. I'm irish, white, with not a lot of hair. So basically my head is a big solar panel and with the heat that we had my brain started to sizzle a bit. SOOO thats why I was having a blonde week.

Anyway hows the fun and games in Napels, ya all ready for the big trip. I'm trying to upload a few photos but the feckin thing is so slow.

  Ed Jun 9, 2009 7:16 AM

4

hey lil miss world traveller! Just wanted to say hi, I saw your pictures and am very jealous of course! Take care of yourself and I'll talk to you soon :)

  Melody Jun 14, 2009 10:56 AM

About dianacchan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.