Existing Member?

my little (mis)adventures ummm...where am i?

first stop: eastbourne, UK

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 26 May 2009 | Views [432] | Comments [2]

so here i am, blogging from the lovely clare's living room in eastbourne!

my flight over was ok minus the fact that i sat next to a creepy drunk man who was downing straight vodka mini bottles. and when i arrived in london i ran into a dude from high school who had just gotten off the same flight, how random. and then i was off! trained out to the lovely eastbourne which is famous for carpet gardens, floral displays and alfie the 12 year old 'daddy' who later turned out not to be a daddy.

we went for a romantic stroll along the sea front, taking in the pier and the bandstand. the main view was the smorgasboard of pasty chunky white men with their tops off, very sexy. so that was the lone hour of sunshine so far.

charlie came over from brighton and we went for a scenic drive in the countryside (i slept for a lot of this). we stopped in a village called alfriston. pretty, not a lot going on. charlie bought some fudge.

we saw the 'long man of wilmington' which is a big chalk outline of a man on a hill. perhaps formed in medieval times, were not too sure. purpose of: also not sure.

clare fed me pizza from the supermarket and salad, which ties in nicely as i fed her frozen pizza and costco salad during her whirlwind 12 hrs in vancouver last october. and that's about it really! i have now met up with clare in melbourne, alice springs, darwin, vancouver and eastbourne. just can't keep away from her.

Well we're just sitting here sipping juice, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to feed Diana throughout her stay!  Last night we swapped trashy mags to catch up on Canadian/ British gossip and the great Jolie vs Aniston divide that appears to separate our two countries more than anything else!!  Diana is definitely the person who I've met in the most amount of random/ unplanned places and it's been a treat to have her in little ol' Eastbourne - when Charlie came over yesterday and the sun was shining we could almost (squint and) imagine we were back in Melbs -ahhh,  happy days.  Safe travels D xxx 

 

Comments

1

DEEEEEE....welcome to europe. Ring me or give me you number and I'll ring you. We're in the same time zone now wohooooo. You are so lucky that you arrived when we were actually having some good weather for a change.

  Ed May 27, 2009 12:52 AM

2

That chalk outline sounds really cool! Did you take pictures?

  Reyna May 27, 2009 11:53 AM

About dianacchan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.