Existing Member?

Chasing Carmen Sandiego

69 Glenayr

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 17 March 2008 | Views [398] | Comments [1]

So my house is pretty incredible.   We have a really nice, big place that is an approximate 6 minute walk to Bondi Beach.  The house has a fantastic kitchen and the housemates just joined financial forces to buy an amazing grill.  I was lucky enough to strike a single bedroom.  The backyard is what is impressive, though.  In addition to the grill is a patio and a pool (both small but they count).  Our house, if all goes to plan, will be the Barbecue capital of Sydney.  We've been hearing that this place, if up for sale, would require some serious dough.  Bondi has plenty to offer.  It's got huge waves and small waves (depending on the day), nice sand, hot weather, plenty of people-watching, gorgeous rocky cliffs surrounding it, shops, food, drink, souveniers, and always offers the chance to be on Bondi Rescue.  School is an incovenient 2 buses and 35-45 mins away but all is good on 69 Glenayr.  Glenayr itself in my opinion is a nice strip of cafes, bars, take-out, and the always Friendly Grocer (where I buy my Vegemite...not).  The main shopping area is in Bondi Junction which is really nice.  You can pick up on the seriosuly European driven Aussie fashion here with an enormous 5 story mall that crosses streets and seems to never end once inside (makes Providence Place look like a flea market).  The campus resembles a stark contrast from Bryant.  Kids everywhere, lectures that fill theatres, but somehow I manage to run into everyone I know there.  Strange.  Sydney is a 30 min bus or 15 and most certaintly has plenty to offer, but Bondi is enough to take on for today.

Comments

1

House sounds sick Bro!!

  Derrick Stevensfield Apr 2, 2008 3:52 PM

About dhoffman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.