Existing Member?

Meg & Joe in SE Asia

Photos on flickr

CAMBODIA | Monday, 11 May 2009 | Views [447] | Comments [1]

Just a note to everyone: we now have some of our pictures on flickr.  We only have through the first two temples, but we will put the rest up soon.  If you click on the flickr icon at the right of the screen, it will take you directly to our page.  The icon is the pink and blue dot under "Follow Me."  You can also go to: www.flickr.com/photos/meganjoe/

We luckily found a place where we could buy tickets to Laos; when we tried to book online, they wouldn't let us unless it was three days in advance.  Our tuk-tuk driver, Mr. Vebol, is picking us up in 4 hours, and that will be all for our visit to Cambodia. 

It is difficult to convey the beauty we have seen so far.  You get a glimpse through our photos (sorry we're not artistic photographers) and we try to couple these images with worthy descriptions.  But what makes this country beautiful is the amalgamation of all the sensory experiences.  The sweet, spicy smells pouring from the sidewalk restaraunts; the sounds of chirping birds, playful teenagers, friendly honking (they go: "beep-beep" instead of "hooooooooonk"); and of course, all the beautiful colors, architecture, and smiling faces.  There is also much sadness and poverty: land-mine victims do their best by selling books and performing in street bands; hungry children follow you around asking for "photo, sir, lady?".  We could also do with less heat and mosquitoes, but all in all, we will miss Cambodia.  I have a feeling, though, that there is something special in store for us in Laos.

~Meg

Comments

1

GORGEOUS!

  Nerissa May 15, 2009 6:04 PM

About desrosm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.