Existing Member?

Meg & Joe in SE Asia

Don't worry Mom, we're alive.

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 6 May 2009 | Views [483] | Comments [5]

11 hour flight to Tokyo, 4 hour layover, 6 hour flight to Bangkok, 8 hour layover (night spent in airport), 1 hour flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia.  That's 30 hour of traveling and doesn't include more than 3 hours of sleep at a time.

So... we're a little tired at this point.  It is Wednesday morning at 6am right now; we fell asleep at 4pm yesterday, expecting to take a nap, but miraculously slept throught the alarm!  Go figure.  We woke up at 4am, and now Joey is sleeping again.  Our guesthouse provides free internet, so I'm sitting on the open-air balcony enjoying the pleasant humidity (it's only pleasant at this hour) and the sounds of the tuk-tuks zoom by honking at eachother.  The balcony faces the river, which is a lovely brown color (but doesn't seem to prevent locals from taking a dip), but the shady trees that line the river are quite lush and green.

We've decided to take another day to explore the little rural town of Siem Reap before we visit the Temples of Angkor.  There's not much to do here, but another lazy day will do us some good.

Comments

1

Yay! Glad you two are safe and sound. I am excited to keep up with your traveling and adventures.

On a side note... awful I know... my mom wants to know if you have any spare grad announcements she could buy/have.

Have fun!

  Meghan May 6, 2009 2:00 PM

2

hey,
You can sleep the rest of your life. Enjoy it now.
Glad your safe.

G&G (mom&pop)

  gene & gretchen May 6, 2009 4:17 PM

3

I'm glad you're both over the initial journey. Now the fun can begin. Enjoy!!

  Jerry & Kim May 6, 2009 4:57 PM

4

WAHOO!!! I can't wait to read more. It already has been an amazing adventure (I'm really glad you made it through the first two days, I was a little worried for you).

  Nerissa May 7, 2009 5:52 AM

5

Sounds exhausting already!
Don't get too tired to post up pictures - we're all looking forward to seeing your adventure unfold!

  Lee & Carly May 8, 2009 6:04 AM

About desrosm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.