Existing Member?

Africa! Tales from Tanzania!

The final two weeks :(

TANZANIA | Monday, 1 March 2010 | Views [435] | Comments [1]

Hey, so this most likely will be my last post, since my time is sadly winding down.  Four of my closest friends leave this week, so it really sucks.  Then next week is my last and I have to say goodbye to my kids, ugh I am going to be a mess.  Lots of things still to see and do here, this weekend I am going to a Maasai village for the night...so that should be really interesting to learn more about their culture.  Lots of other trips are in the making.  I survived the half marathon!! Actually for not training at all, I did really well. I ran it in 2 hours and 20 minutes.  It was beyond beautiful tho, looking up and seeing the peaks of Kili.  All the Olympic runners were there from Kenya and Tanzania, so that was cool to see.  I got a medal and t-shirt for finishing in the top 1,500 (there were about 4,000 people in our race). I am hurting like hell today tho! So thanks everyone for reading my little blog and commenting!! See you in a couple weeks!

Comments

1

Congrats on the marathon! That's awesome!!! And, though it's sad you are leaving, I'm excited!!!! Hehe. I get to see you soon!!! And I know Jason is pretty pumped :) Love and miss you! Make the last two weeks really count chica!!

  Amanda Mar 3, 2010 3:05 AM

About derski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.