Existing Member?

Africa! Tales from Tanzania!

Food and Drinky Drinks!!!

TANZANIA | Thursday, 21 January 2010 | Views [462] | Comments [1]

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

So I know certain people are wondering about the food I eat and especially the drinks! J First off, the food is amazing, and I eat way too much.  We have 3 cooks in our house they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I always come home for lunch during school because first off its me and its free, so that’s a winner there and it is super amazing.  For breakfast we have toast, hard boiled eggs and tea, then either omelets or pancakes (but they are really crepes).  Then for lunches and dinners we have a carb-noodles, rice, a pita bread thingy or UGALI my favorite! Ugali is a mix of flour and something else and you use your hand to roll it into a ball and dip it in sauce.  The carb is served with (for me) the vegetarian option of a mix of veggies in sauce, fresh veggie salad (peppers, avocado, lettuce, etc) pineapple, mango, and French fries.  The girls that work at our house defiantly don’t let us go hungry!  The drinks….I have not drank much, but I have tried a few sips here and there.  All the girls here are wine drinkers so I opt for the beer.  My fav is banana beer which tastes like a mixed drink and tastes more like champagne ;) ;) It will mess you up after two for sure I had one and wow I was happy for the night.  Then there is of course vodka and a gin which goes down real easy and I am bringing a bottle back for all my girls to taste.  A beer which is 750 ml costs 1,000 shillings, less than a dollar! So I am in the right place lol  We go out every Thursday so I will be able to update you all more in depth later lol!!!      

Comments

1

Can I come with you next time?! Seriously it sounds amazing. The food is cool...I looked it up (because I'm nerdy like that;-). And the banana beer sounds like my kind of drink! You should bring some of that back! Hehe. I miss you like crazy girl. And Jim says "HI SARAH!!!!!!!" You know how he is =P Can't wait til your next story! I finally have a day off tomorrow so I'm catching up on my commenting, hehe.

  Amanda Jan 21, 2010 11:10 AM

About derski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.