Existing Member?

6 Continents, 5 Months

Last Day In Peru!

PERU | Sunday, 28 November 2010 | Views [310]

Today is our last day in Peru. We took a taxi back to Mira Flores. We had KFC for lunch and then went to the beach. We went to a restaurant on the beach just to chill and have drinks. We stayed there for about an hour before we decided to go back to our hotel. We first went to the grocery store to get food for dinner and snacks for the long plane ride tomorrow. After we finished our grocery shopping we went back up to the hotel an ate the fruit. It was really bizarre. We had mini bananas, they were about 2 inches long. We also had a fruit called granadilla. They look like something from the movie Avatar! The looked like peaches on the outside, but when you pressed on them with your thumb, they opened to what looked like angel food cake. After wading through the spongey goodness, there was what looked like slimy pomegranates. It looked like fish eggs but tastes amazing! I don't know how to describe the mouthful of goodness. After the adventurous fruits, we called it a night. Flight to Colombia tomorrow for the day, then we fly out to Spain!

About derek-anderson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.