Existing Member?

On the Road with God

Off Again!

USA | Sunday, 9 January 2011 | Views [378]

Packing is almost complete, final details are coming together. Tomorrow evening it is off to SFO to begin another adventure in Cambodia. This will be my 4th trip working on the Health & Hygiene medical mission. Once again we will use education to help the Cambodian people change and improve their lives. By showing love and care, we show them the love of Jesus Christ. My hope and prayer is that spiritual as well as physical lives are touched by our work there.

We have another great team this year. Patrick VanWinkle with his wife and their 3 children will lead the team once again. Besides myself, Craig Caldwell (physical therapist)and Steve Metzger (RN) will be returning on the team. Joining us will be several new members. Most have never been to Cambodia. Videth Whitt and her husband David are already in Cambodia serving with another medical mission. When that trip is over they will stay behind and join us. Videth is a pediatric resident. She was born in Cambodia but came to the States when she was 2 years old. She is fluent in Khmer. What a bonus! Ellie Graves and Stephanie Stith (both RN's) will be making their 1st trip to Cambodia. Ellie is a seasoned traveler. Stephanie is leaving behind her husband who is quite ill and recoverying from surgery. Please keep her and him in your prayers daily. I know this separation will be hard on her. Justin Davis rounds out our team. He is a medical student. He has been to Cambodia before but I'm sure he will see it with new eyes as a new medical student. Lee and Lani Sward will also be joining us for the 2nd half of the trip. Their son, Scott, and daughter in law, Andrea, serve in Cambodia as full time missionaries. They will be spending time with them as well as helping us.

I hope you will travel along with me as I make this journey. I will bring you updates as often as I can.

Denise

About denise_b


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.