Existing Member?

On the Road with God

Praise Report

USA | Monday, 2 February 2009 | Views [394] | Comments [2]

Good Monday morning to all of you. However I know in the States as I write this it is Sunday afternoon and most of you are watching the Super Bowl! Craig has tried to find it on tv here but no luck. I wanted to check in before we left and give you a praise and prayer update. I asked you all to pray for a 10month old boy here who needs heart surgery. I know you have been praying and God is answering! Pat really did not expect to hear from the LA charity group until midweek and he already had plan B lined up in case of rejection. But Pat heard yesterday they have aprroved this little guy to come to LA for the surgery! Thank you Father God! May all glory and praise from this go to you. There should be no obstacles on the US end but alot of paperwork hassles are expected in Cambodia before he can actually be flown to the US. Please keep this baby, his family, and all the surgery preparations in your prayers. If all goes well, the baby should be able to get to LA in 2 weeks. However we know God's timing is His own and this will happen in His time. Also keep the repercussions from this decision in your prayers. There is a lot of jealousy here. We weighed the decision long and hard before seeking treatment for this little guy. The decision was ultimately made by Matt and the Phnom Penh church leadership. We fully expect as word gets out that others will come forward wanting and expecting similar treatment and flight to the US. Please continue to pray that this decision will ultimately be a positive influence in Cambodia, in the PP Friends Church and for our missions effort here. The family came to church with the baby yesterday. I pray the church members will embrace them and help them through the trying coming months, especially after they return from the US. Father God, we just give this little life to your care. May he grow strong and live long in this life. May his life here be a tribute and testament to your love for us. May your love, grace and mercy be known to many who do not know you now simply because of this little life. Thank you for opening doors so quickly. May all the glory honor and praise be yours. In Christ's Name I pray. Amen All my bags are packed. I thought I would have all this extra space coming home but somehow I'm just as loaded as when I came! I don't know how that happened. Could it be the all girls shopping day at the Russian Market yesterday? Or my two previous shopping trips prior to that? Nahhhhh...... It has been a long and eventful trip. I can't wait to see you all in person and tell all of my stories. Thanks for upholding me in your prayers through this journey. I felt you close in my heart. See you soon.

Comments

1

hi! i randomly came across your site. i am interested in going on a medical mission to cambodia next year. can you tell me more info about your group and your mission there? thx!

  kbok May 27, 2009 3:43 PM

2

Just wanted to say hi and I will add you to my pray list. Looking forward to our next coaching meeting with Steve.

  Ken Kunkel Jan 4, 2010 7:34 AM

About denise_b


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.