Existing Member?

THE Trip - Finally

Net Woes

IRELAND | Tuesday, 16 March 2010 | Views [409] | Comments [2]

A pretty easy going day today. It was blowing a gale but fortunately no rain. The most annoying thing I’m finding is not being able to access the net properly. I mean, yes, it’s all very lovely to ‘get away from it all’ and ‘commune with nature’ out in the country but if, like me, you have not organised the rest of your journey and need to do so using electronic means, namely your computer, than a reliable internet connection is vital. So yeah, the farm’s great but I need to use my bloody computer. On the upside, it’s St Paddy’s Day tomorrow so bring on the Irish Stew with a dollop of Irish Luck. Who knows, I may even be able to load a webpage in less than five minutes!

Comments

1

Great about the Anzac trip. Turkey was awesome for me. In Istanbul: Blue Mosque, Grand Bizarre and a Turkish bath($15 US when I was there) are all musts. Advice for the bath - pay the money and buy your own loofah and soap!!! Or take your own if you're really prepared and on a budget! Lots of apple tea and cigarettes. The obligatory smoking of a sheeshah (spelling questionable). I cried at Anzac Cove, emotional place, learnt a lot and Anzac Day will always be even more special to me now. Lots of different locations to visit within the one area - some really pretty which surprised me. Went to Troy's wooden horse too, bit out of the way, and much smaller than you might think.

  Heidi Sewell Mar 17, 2010 5:33 PM

2

Sorry to hear about your various money,connectivity woes, but balance of good/evil seems in your favour overall!

  john Mar 20, 2010 4:35 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.