Existing Member?

THE Trip - Finally

Mothers’ Day in Ireland and UK

IRELAND | Sunday, 14 March 2010 | Views [354] | Comments [1]

It’s mothers’ day here in Ireland and the UK so Happy Mothers’ Day Mum and all the Mums reading this!

I am staying in a ridiculously stereotypical (or what I imagine anyway) Irish farming community. When I arrived here yesterday I was greeted by two other Aussies, two farm dogs and two lambs which are being hand raised. Sadly one of the lambs was very weak and died this morning but the other youngin is still with us and ensuring that the place looks and smells like a farm. Not much going on at the moment because it’s the weekend but I am assured that there is always plenty to do during the week. I am looking forward to it.

I booked an ANZAC trip today so this year I will be celebrating ANZAC day with a Kiwi at the place where the massacre occurred. Something not to be missed so I’ve been told and since it’s unlikely I will be journeying this way again in the near future, I figured it was something that should be done.

Comments

1

Funny Story... I was in Ireland, and it was Mother's Day there. I am originally from the U.S. and I didn't realize that they fell on different days, so I bought a gift, a card, and called my mother from Ireland. Only to hear her laugh, as she told me Mother's Day is in May.

  DreamTravelerJess Apr 15, 2010 2:10 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.