Existing Member?

Thebiddleblog

Flying in Rio to chilling in Uruguay

URUGUAY | Monday, 16 December 2013 | Views [368]

When i last blogged I was about to jump of a very high cliff and you saw on FB that i am now infact, alive and well!!!! Phew!!! Was actually so sad to leave Rio, such a great time there  but must moveon so arrived in Buenos Aires Argentina at silly oclock and had a lazy first two days recovering! The hostel Estiroli had a great ambiance and roof top garden to watch the city below and met some nice people to while away the hours and catch some city sun!!! By the 3rd day I ventured out on my bicyle (very JBFLETCHER OF ME!!!) The bike looked like the actual one she rides about cabbot cove in solving mysteries...... I nearly got bashed by a taxi but alas, no murders did i solve!!!! Fun day and great way to explore the city, went south to an area called La Bocca (apparantly some football team is really popular here....bore!!!) the area itself is really colourful so when the guide stopped talking about football it was a great trip!

 

. Next stop is Colonia del Sacremento in Uruguay which is just across the water, arriving here it’s like the cities I had visited up till now dont exist….the streets are full of cars from the 50s and its really calm and quiet. It’s like the Uruguayans roll on round their day at a chilled pace, taxis don't run you over, you can walk everywhere and no one is trying to nick your stuff!!! And they legalised canabis the day I arrived but I did not partake.....perhaps this is why everyone is so calm over here. Now I am in the capital which is just as serene but bigger. Just got back from 4 hours on another bike…..mountain bike with only one gear.....in plus 30 degrees….come on tan and lost about half my body weight!!! 

 

Tomorrow i make my way towards a gaucho style working ranch in the north of the country. No internet, no phone reception, no electricity (apart from 3 hours in the eve) so will blog again at Christmas after 5 nights herding cattle lol!!! Don't know what to expect but I am sure it will be fun!! Got to look for a pick up truck outside the bus station...will the biddle sense of direction find this one.....who knows!!!??

 

Hope you all at home are ok and bet its exciting now it is nearly christmas!!!! BIG LOVE TO ALL XXXXX BIDDLE OUT XXX

 

PS I AM JESSICA FLETCHER!!!! 

 

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW ON FB XXX

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Uruguay

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.