Existing Member?

AuntiesAntics

The adventures are over...for now!!!

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 8 May 2018 | Views [414]

I am a mess!!!  Having to cut my trip short and missing out on Colombia is very hard for me.  I have such mixed emotions about returning home to Canada, sad, angry and a little bit happy for a hot bath!!  I am not very good at having an injury, I have never had one before so I don’t know what to do about it, mostly I do NOT like sitting idle and not being able to do everything that I enjoy doing.   I know I sound like a spoiled brat and that I should just be thankful for all that I got to do and see while only travels, but I feel like I am not done yet.   

I can but won’t go into specific details about each country and city I visited but I will tell you that I have truly enjoyed almost every country I went to.  The Philippines has some of the best beaches I have ever seen in my life, Vietnam is so full of life and excitement all the time, Myanmar was the best way to spend my Christmas, Nepal is like another home to me in so many ways, Kenya stole my heart, literally its still there, Uganda, kayaking down the nile and bungee jumping again makes this one of my top places, Turkey was so interesting and such a learning experience for me, Jordan is a place where you can explore for weeks and still not see everything, Israel is so flipping amazing, so historic and comfortable to be there, Ecuador well we all know how that turned out for me, but it is still a great place to visit and explore.    

I have made so many new friends along the way some that I want to be able to keep in touch with and hopefully see again one day.  People often ask me what is my favourite place that I have visited and I can honestly say its Kenya!!!  Kenya truly needs the help of volunteers, my homestay was fabulous and my house mom made it that way.  There is always something to do and children to help, the children really appreciate all you do for them even if its just a hug in the morning they don’t care, and they never ask anything from you.   The weather is perfect for me nice and hot, just the way I like it to be.  Kenya will always hold a special place in my heart for many different reasons.  I can honestly say that everywhere I volunteered the children are what makes it great for me.  I have realized they are the same in every country I have ever been to, including Canada.  They all have needs and wants just on different levels, but mostly they all just want some acknowledgement and attention of any form.  They really make my trip worth the money, time away from home and my family, the long layovers in the airports and the many bus rides that are sometimes good and sometimes bad, the children are worth it!!!

 

About deanneandwilbur


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.