Existing Member?

For the Love of Spanish A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving.... Chapter 27

Who needs E-harmony?

HONDURAS | Tuesday, 20 November 2007 | Views [347]

One of the things I anticipated but still find surprising is how unusual it is in this culture to be in the 30´s and single. It was my first morning with the family when Dilcia, my host, asked me how old I was, followed by, am I married, followed by do I have a boyfriend, followed by do I want one, followed by, what kind. So I think everyone is kind of on the lookout.

The family is very social. Every day and night, all ages of people drop by to visit and eat and drink coffee. Especially in the evening, boys will come by to play on the family´s Play Station. However, I notice the age of the boy is increasing. Till Tuesday night, one guy came for supper, and later that night, another man dropped by to visit and play with the Play Station. I know there´s no cut off on age for boys and toys, but it amused me nonetheless.

Finally at supper, the women did ask me if what I thought of one of the visitors. I said, in my best Spanish, "I knew that´s what was going on!" And everyone laughed.

I am from a small town, afterall. I know how these things work.

Tags: People

About dc_chick


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.