Existing Member?

2010 Brazilian Tour

Day Two

BRAZIL | Thursday, 29 July 2010 | Views [483] | Comments [2]

Well our intention was to have the boys update todays blog but as you can see that did not happen.  However it is for a good reason; they are quite tired.

Today we rose at 6:30AM had a great Brazilian breakfast consisting of bread, ham, cheese, fruit and freshly squeezed juices.  The boys then walked to the training facility in Louveira which is approx one mile from our hotel.  I posted some photos of the field earlier today so perhaps you had a chance to take a look at it.  The boys continued to work on the 3-5-2 formation, which has been a great challenge.  In addition they worked on playing compact and of course in Brazilian style being creative. 

After a lunch back at the complex the boys had another training session from 2:30PM to 5PM at the Louveira Estadio Municipal where they had a chance to scrimmage against a local club.  After a tough first half the team scored three goals in the second half to post it's first very unofficial victory.

This evening after a late supper the boys had a 90 minute team meeting whereby they discussed tomorrows game plan.  Tomorrow at 9AM they have their first match against the local Louveria club.  This will be a tremendous challenge in that our opponent will more than likely bring their U16's and U17's.

Our Brazilian friends have been very accommodating and all the boys are starting to tease one another, which is a good sign.

That is all for today.  I am off to bed as well.

Ciao

Dave

 

Comments

1

Thanks for the updates and the pictures they are making my day !!

  Mark DuBord Jul 31, 2010 2:45 AM

2

Thanks for keeping us updated, David and Daniel! I love to hear about the boys' experience!

  Sarah Weiler Jul 31, 2010 3:04 AM

About davidweiler


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.