Existing Member?

Flying South

The Final Countdown - 4 (Monday)

SOUTH AFRICA | Monday, 3 February 2014 | Views [280]

After the long drive home over the weekend, Monday was mainly spent downloading pics to the PC (which I am still sorting through but don’t think I’ll get any more posted before I’m home, at which point expect the rest all in one hit!) and generally getting washing done etc as I’d been away almost 3 weeks.

While I was doing this Amy was running around her Uni sorting out and registering for the courses she wanted to be on for next term. She got back having not really had lunch and quite tired from all the running around she'd been doing but I'm happy to report she was not too tired to come with me for lunch at a local Indian Restaurant. I have to say eating out Indian here is very different from the UK experience. The popadoms were a little strange and they came with a spicy chutney or a mint and coriander dip but apart from that the food was excellent and made for a very enjoyable lunch.

This evening I took Amy out for all-you-can-eat sushi. Deb was also invited but she’d been back at work today and I don’t think she was really feeling up to anything other than couch. (Can’t say I blame her, I’ll probably be the same after my first day back too!) The sushi was really good and we had a great evening but it was a close run thing. In order to get value for money from the all you can eat you actually have to eat quite a lot of sushi, but we made it and I think were R40 or so up on the night.

Amy had also warned me that all the times she’d been there had never seen a single piece go uneaten. It looked for a while like we were about to let the side down on that but with a valiant joint effort we managed to finish the last two pieces, although I was so full I had to leave half of my last beer!

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.