Existing Member?

Flying South

Vic Falls (22/11)

ZIMBABWE | Friday, 22 November 2013 | Views [263]

We set off from Bulawyo for Vic Falls via a safari lodge in Hwange National Park where we had lunch and a visit to Patrick, a relative of Deb and Amy who works at a coal mine on our route. Lunch was amazing and our table over looked the waterhole at the lodge, so we spent the time watching various birds, antelope and warthogs as we ate, fantastic. We then headed off to Patrick's mine which was so far off the beaten track that I am sure I have now seen places here no foreign visitor has ever seen! We shared a coke and spent a very pleasant quarter of an hour chatting before it as time for Patrick to get back to work and for us to continue our journey.

We arrived at Vic Falls the same evening and after a brief stop for provisions we set out to find our self catering accommodation at Lokuthula Lodges by the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. Our accommodation is amazing (pics will follow) and the location is simply fantastic. We are on a ridge overlooking the edge of the Zambezi Game Park and within the grounds and, in some cases, within feet of us we have seen Warthogs and babies (baby warthogs are amazingly cute - I have video to prove it), Bushboks, Vervet monkeys (also with babies) and, in a treetop across the valley some (Whitebacked?) vultures and some kind of stork. All in all our accommodation is amazing. Big hats off to Amy for organising the booking!

 

 

Travel Answers about Zimbabwe

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.