Existing Member?

travel 07-08

bangkok

THAILAND | Friday, 5 October 2007 | Views [340]

After and emotional day and a killer of a flight we landed in the heat of thailand and got a taxi to the marriott. checked in, got upgraded to a deluxe room which was basically a luxury apartment. settled down with some champagne, cocktails and a nice meal and retired to our air con to catch up on sleep.

the next day we checked out and got a taxi to the real bangkok. booked into the first hostel we could find and shed about 10pints of sweat taking our bags up four flights of stairs to a scummy room, with one measly fan to move the hot air around. it cost us less than 2quid each so cant complain.   

Headed out to the bars and after a few beers hit the whisky buckets. after about 7 of those between us the rest of the night is a blur, but all the taxi men outside know sally since that night. from when me and greg carried her back to the room. apparantly she is not drinking again on this trip. I managed to loose my camera and sprain my foot aswell. i cant really walk at the moment.

we got a tuk tuk yesterday and done a bit of the sights, which was just temples really and a ride on a long tail boat. which really helped sallys hangover.

bangkok is busy hot noisy and smelly. so we have a coach booked in a few hours time to take us to chaing mai. then booked onto a trek through some mountains with elephants and some bamboo rafting.  gonna love trekking with my busted foot. may have to pay someone to carry me.

Tags: Adventures

About davidnicholson


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.