Existing Member?

travel 07-08

Chaing Mai

THAILAND | Tuesday, 9 October 2007 | Views [404]

We took a bus from bangkok a few days ago, it was a 12hour drive, i think i slept for maybe 15minutes the whole way thanks to the old woman next to me who kept kneeing me and coughing on me in her sleep.

but when it started getting light and the mountains in the distance where green and covered in mist i knew the journey was worth it, better than the rotting high rises of bangkok.   we arrived at our hostel and slept until midday. my foot was pretty bad but we decided to go out and get drunk in our new surroundings. I wasnt expecting to be out until 7am the next morning having danced away at the spicy discoteque.  it was a great night we taught some thai locals how to chug chug chug. and done some pretty serious chugging ourselves. 

when i woke up the next day i realised i should not have been dancing or even standing, my foot was bad. so i told greg and sally they should go trekking without me because i could tell it wouldnt be any time soon that i would be able to do it.

so they went off yesterday morning i have just been reading in my air con room with my foot up and it feels alot better today. still cannot go out for walks but i think its on the mend. please god.

just seen five people on one moped! a mother with her children. so many babys being held on mopeds here, you could probably get locked up for that at home.

quite touristy here in 'nice place' hostel (not sure it deserves its title) and in the whole of chaing mai. but im enjoying meeting people from all around the world and the locals seem very friendly. well most do anyway.

looking forward to hearing about greg and sallys trek. very very gutted to miss out.  then we will have to discuss how long we stay here for. before heading back to bangkok hopefully for just one night while we arrange visas and transport for further travels.

Tags: Adventures

 

About davidnicholson


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.