Existing Member?

World Adventure

Wroclaw

POLAND | Thursday, 3 December 2009 | Views [777]

Hi All,

Try and pronounce it. You probably got it wrong.“Vrotzwav”. What the...? Is this a Polish joke?

Lovely town. The polish venice. We were in a well place hostel in a 8 bed dorm. Hostel looked good so I was looking forward to a good nights sleep. Went for a walk to the old town and the christmas markets around the main square which were full of atmosphere. It really feels like Christmas when in Europe. All we need is a little snow.

This is a uni town and we found an excellent eatery down near the campus which sold good food by the uni for 19 zty/kg. Unbelievably cheap and tasty. Yum. We ate there again the next day.

Another dorm sleep nightmare. We were in bed asleep when a group of young italians rocked in at 130am turned on the lights and ratted around for ages. I eventually told them to turn off the lights. They went out and returned at about 4am and made lots of noise again. Whispering then banging their locker doors, giggling, coming in and out of the room banging the door. I finally had enough and told them to shut up. When we got up one told us to close the blind as she thought we had opened it. I told her it wasn't possible as it was already closed. We went out and explored some more and they were gone by the time we got back. Later I found a map on my bed with rude remarks written in poor english written on it. What the...??? Brat.

Met a mother and daughter from Morpeth near Newcastle. Gramdma was also there but we didn't meet her. The daughter was spending six months in Poland. We finished off our manderine vodka while chatting with them in the kitchen as well as a couple of english men over for the weekend. One involved with physics and the other a bookie.

Looking forward to some sleep. There were some french, the english men and some eastern european girls. They woke us early in the morning but it wasn't too bad and we got some sleep. They were funny and tried to be quiet.

Got up early and walked to the station for the train to Warsaw. We jumped on the train and it took of early. Hmmm. Someone opened up the door and jumped out falling over as he landed on the platform. The train had been split and we were on the wrong section. Luckily it stopped and returned to a differnt platform and we boarded the correct section of the train with minutes to spare. Phew.

Bye,

David and Vanessa


About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.