Existing Member?

World Adventure

Munich

GERMANY | Saturday, 7 November 2009 | Views [868]

Hi All,

Another fitful nights sleep in our dorm.At one stage during the night it felt like we were under attack from our arch enemies the late night dorm invaders . Imagine this if you will.The first room invasion happened relatively early in the evening when two Australians tip toed into the room with steel capped tap shoes,wearing a belt each with bunches of keys dangling off said belt , eating ice cubes and carrying a gift basket wrapped in cellophane.Slight exaggeration but poetic licence is permissible  when it comes to a blog entry.I think that it adequately sets the scene so the story must continue. The fore mentioned males enter the  room and note that there are two people asleep in  the dorm so they attempted to be quite.This as has been mentioned in  previous entries simply drags out the process of getting into bed  and is far more noisy and drawn out so that was mistake number 1 .Mistake number 2 was that one shouldn´t wear thongs whilst climbing onto the rungs of a ladder in the dark because it hurts when you slip down the ladder and pain needs to be vocalised..Mistake number 3 learn what the top of your OPEN  backpacks  feels like in the dark before deciding that it must be upside down thus emptying what sounded one ton of marbles onto the wooden floor .If we could give just one piece of advice to  the boys it would be invest in a torch!!!   The second line of attack was worse and  came in the form of 4 Spanish girls who  we think work as prison guards when not travelling around europe because thanks to their ultimate bright spotlight torches we have burnt retinas. It would have been more appropriate for us to be crawling around on our bellies seeking refuge from  the broad sweeping search lights then to have been trying to sleep in our beds.What were they looking for I  hear you asking ........we have no idea but from the prolonged duration of the hunt I´d say it was a pet ant that escaped.

The real lesson is not to stay in large dorms , near transport hubs, with breakfast included, in a major city. I think our future strategy is to upgrade  to smaller  rooms  with less beds or perhaps become flashpackers and get private accommodation in hostels so that we appear to be backpackers but on a selective basis and higher budget.

Today will board a train for Rothenburg

Bye

David and Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.