Existing Member?

World Adventure

Rotterdam

NETHERLANDS | Thursday, 15 October 2009 | Views [690]

Hi All,

Quick 1hr train trip from Amsterdam and we are in Rotterdam. Lots of shiny new buildings in town centre which is no surprise as the city got flattened in the second world war.

We looked around and said "where are all the native dutch people?". Almost all the people we saw in the train station and for most of the day seemed to be immigrants. Apparently there is a 48% population of immigrants in the city! Immigration or invasion? Food for thought Australia. hmmm. Maybe there is a little room for a couple of Australians :-)

http://crossroadsmag.eu/2009/05/immigrants-nearly-in-majority-in-rotterdam/

Spent a couple of hours at the Museum Boijimans which was free today the onto the tram out to historic Ontdek Schiedam and a lovely walk around canals and windmills. Nice.

Have been blessed with some lovely weather over the last couple of days. Blue skies today but it is cold in the shadows.

Hotel room has a nice view over a canal with moored barges and we just watched a swan drift past.

Now to sip my sangria and enjoy the setting sun.

Bye,

David and Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.