Existing Member?

World Adventure

Copenhagen,Denmark

DENMARK | Wednesday, 7 October 2009 | Views [728]

Hi All,

We arrived at the Oslo international station then waited about 4 hrs for our next flight to Copenhagen. So we flew 2.5hrs and waited 4hrs to get to our destination. So much time lost in transport terminals on this trip...

It took a while to figure out how to exit the airport and then was a quick trip on the train to central and a few minutes walk to the red light district and our hotel. It was a pleasant surprise to find our 2 star hotel was actually a bit better than we expected. The area is full of hotels and hookers. Hmm. We decided to get a room in a hotel rather than a hostel as it was about the same price.

The reception was nice and they even gave us more change than was necessary which was very friendly. They soon realised their mistake and asked for it back on the telephone as soon as we reached the room.

Next day. Raining. My spirits were a little low. I was having Bergen flashbacks and the weather forecast wasn´t helping. It doesn´t matter so much when it rains in a cheap country but this is Scandinavia. We headed off to our hotel breakfast with low expectations and were surprised to find a fantastic layout. They let us feed until we could feed no more and little did they know that before lunchtime we had finished off our 3rd danish pastry each for the day and still had 3 cheese and ham sandwiches which we had constructed at the breakfast table. Brunch. We got back to the room after breakfast and the rain had stopped much to my relief.

This is a city that I liked almost instantly. It probably was the number of retro pushbikes near the train station.

We wandered around and found the usual tourist places. Walked out to the overrated little mermaid statue before finding a much more interesting swan family then walked back into the palace grounds to watch the change  of the guard. I like the concept of  having the palace surrounding a pubic area. The city is full of lovely old architecture and the people aren´t too bad on the eye either :-)

 Will be here for a couple more days...

Bye,
David and Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.