Existing Member?

World Adventure

Lake Bled,Slovenia

SLOVENIA | Sunday, 13 September 2009 | Views [732]

Hi All,

Ljubljana, Slovenia. 2.5 hr train trip. Another easy customs clearance but they stamped another blank page. We need 3 double pages for visas for russia, china and mongolia and now only have that amount of pages left so we should be fine. A little bit nervous about the russian visa at the moment. Time running out. Will be aiming to get a 3 month double entry visa.

It didn´t take long and we were in another world. Slovenia is really beautiful. There were super steep mountains and fields of corn, wooden barns filled with hay bails and churches perched on wooded mountains. We reached Ljubljana (still dont know how to pronounce it) and had 1 hour for a rush around look of the old town before catching the bus to the impossibly beautiful lake bled. Particularly liked the dragons on one of the bridges in the old town. It was nice but not worth staying. Didnt like the short look and we decided that it was better not to rush so much so will try to travel early to give ourselves a minimum of 4hrs when sightseeing. Got a timetable for the budapest train and the prague train before heading to bled on the bus. Nice drive with lots more mountains and high perched chuches and medieval towns. Got dropped of in a different place than expected but eventually found the hostel and are staying with 3 other young quiet Australians. Went for a walk to the lake. Not impossibly beautiful. A bit tacky but still quite nice and will stay for a day to explore the lake and castle. A shame that there isnt any snow capping the mountains.

Bye,

David and Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Slovenia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.