Existing Member?

World Adventure

Seville, Spain

SPAIN | Saturday, 14 March 2009 | Views [818]

Hola All,

Well we were glad to get away from our accomodation as there was a lot of weird activity and yelling such as one might expect in a madhouse mostly relating to the increased wind overnight. Headed off to the port to catch the ferry but found, after considerable effort, that the seas had turned rough and the ferry was cancelled and the next one was in 2hrs at 10am.

Caught the larger fast ferry and once out past the breakwall we were into a choppy 3 metre swell and it didn`t take long before the cleaning staff were rapidly handing out extra sick bags and most of the people in the cabin near us were using them. Not us. We were thinking that we should make some cheese sandwiches and eat them in front of them. The 35 minute trip across the mediterrainean couldn´t come soon enough for them I suspect. Quickly through customs and onto a bus to Seville.

Seville is a beautiful city and we found a hostel for a good price in the city. Food isn´t as expensive as we expected. Yay.

Feels quite odd to be in a city with order after being in the middle east and north africa for so long. They even stop for pedestrian crossings every time! We loved the muslim countries but must have been feeling the need for some order lately and this really is great...and a shower with a shower curtain!

Might not be able to continue with the blog in Europe as the price in Spain is AUD4 per hour which is a little expensive. Bugger.

Bye,

David and Vanessa 

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.