Existing Member?

World Adventure

Tena

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 22 July 2008 | Views [678]

Hola Amigos,

Left Quito and have been driving for about 9 hours and just arrived at Tena in the Amazon basin. Amazing drive across the Andes and showed just a small example of how much water flowing into the amazon system. There were by far the most number and consistenly highest waterfalls along the way. We stopped in the cloud forest at some hot springs (3500m) for lunch and saw a particularly long beaked hummingbird which of course was necessary to get into the large bell shaped flowers in the area.

To match the amazing waterfalls were amazing landslides along the way. There were hundreds cutting at least a lane of the road and no great surprise cosidering the combination of rainfall and very steep slopes. May of the trees were covered with Bromilias. A gardeners dream.

Truck travel was alright. Vanessa and I had front seats so the best views.

Spotted 3 vultures in a tree sunning themselves after a rainshower. Impressive. No pics.

Vanessa says equadorians eat late as tea is about 8pm and she prefers 5pm. Ate at 930pm last night. When in South America do as the south americans do suggests David.

Quite warm and humid in Tena. Heading out into the jungle for 3 nights from tomorrow.

Tena has some great female t-shirt shops. Low cut around the chest. A standard that should be adopted worldwide. A blokes paradise.

Why does Vanessa keep saying whatever?

Adios,

Senor David and Senorita Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.