Existing Member?

World Adventure

Bergen

NORWAY | Monday, 16 December 2019 | Views [285]

Day 20 - 15 Dec 19

Bergen

Bergen is the wettest town in Europe. I am pretty sure last time we visited I never wanted to return. Not because Bergen is not a nice place. It is beautiful both in location and architecture. It just rains a lot. I wonder how all the street art gets onto walls without the paint running off with the rain. The rain doesn't bother Vanessa but I don't like walking in the rain. We were in Bergen for a few days about 10 years ago while waiting for a ship and it rained until the last day. We had the morning to explore before boarding and it was clear but the rain had frustrated me so much that I just wanted to leave the place.

Today it rained in the morning. We just explored walking around town and the harbour. It was good to get out for a decent walk after driving 2500km in Iceland. It was drizzling rather than raining so not too bad. We found the Hurtigruten ship terminal and marked it on the GPS for tomorrow. There was a lot of street art on our walk that was incredible. The rain stopped in the afternoon and we went exploring again after we dropped back to our room for lunch and to dry our clothes. We also went to the Christmas market after dinner but it started to rain so we went back to the hotel.

We had been reading that food was 2.5 percent higher in price that Iceland. It seems to be a lot more so our strategy is to eat a large breakfast and not eat much for the rest of the day.

We will be boarding the ship tomorrow. The trip is expected to last for 12 days and we will be on the postal run up to Kirkinnes dropping into about 20 towns. We then repeat the journey back to Bergen. It is possible that we will find wifi on some of the stops so our blog entries will be irregular.

 

 

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.