Existing Member?

...My Own Final Fantasy

Arrival in Bangkok!

THAILAND | Thursday, 8 January 2009 | Views [489] | Comments [6]

SO we are finally here, after what seems like forever!

As opposed to heathrow in london, the bangkok airport is beautiful. However, the 1 hour highway ride to our hotel wasn't. i don't know what expected. it became a whole lot more interesting when we actually got into the city, naturally. the driving wasn't nearly as insane as i was warned, but it seemed to rack landon's nerves a little.

my first impression of our hotel was a good one. i first saw this amazingly blue swimming pool by the entrance and restaurant and there were geckos crawling all over the ceilings as we had our first meal after unpacking. after the food, i went back upstairs and pretty much fell asleep the moment i hit the bed. i'm fairly certain i'm already with it as far as the time change in concerned.

the next morning , which is in fact TODAY, we woke up at about 7am. I went to bed at like, 8pm the night before. we came downstairs and had some breakfast and went out to get SIM cards for our cell phones, so we now have numbers! i feel like a temporary resident now =)

which reminds me, there was a lingering doubt that the time allowed in thailand was dropped from 1 month to 2 weeks. I was happy when we were stamped for a month. anyways... i'm kind of not into blogging at the moment so i'm going to go and find a bus ticket to koh lanta. google that and you'll see where i'll be in 2 days =)

Comments

1

so...my phone hasn't rung yet! did you get your ticket to koh lanta? give me a call or fb me your phone number and i'll call you.
talk soon!
and...welcome to thailand!

  laura Jan 8, 2009 7:44 PM

2

Wow, I can't remember it taking an hour to get from the airport but I guess it depends on where your hotel is and also my memory may be off! Glad to hear you've both arrived safe and sound. Are you enjoying the weather?

  Bert Jan 8, 2009 11:23 PM

3

"As opposed to heathrow in london, the bangkok airport is beautiful."

Ok.. I honestly never thought I'd hear anyone say that.

Glad you made it safely, it sounds absolutely phenomenal. I can't wait to see the pictures! What's your phone numbers?

Also a note on the visas - you get three 1 month stays over the period of a year... (it used to be indefinite, but us ex-pats have a tendency to overstay our welcome).

looking forward to the next update :)

  Jon Jan 9, 2009 4:38 AM

4

I'm so excited for you guys!! Lexy and i sit down at the end of the month to plan our trip to Laos/Cambodia... I hope we can all meet up. Have you been in a Tuk Tuk yet? Mix the Thai whiskey with cola and red bull... It really cuts the hangover. I miss you guys but am so happy you get to do this trip.

<3
cw

  C Willy Jan 9, 2009 6:07 AM

5

"...my own final fantasy"

ha! great blog title. looking forward to reading your travel stories.

  Saraline Jan 11, 2009 4:09 AM

6

Oh geez... you kids have phone numbers now? Give it a month or so & i'll be dialing you up, like wut.

  Allison Barker Jan 13, 2009 5:12 AM

About david_s


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.