Existing Member?

Trans Siberian Onwards

Preparations

SINGAPORE | Thursday, 21 August 2014 | Views [337]

Visas, Passport, Jabs, Bookings, Trains, Planes, Hostels, Packaging, Shipping and Automobiles

 

A six month trek from Singapore to London via Mongola and Patagonia takes time and effort to prepare.  But once the wheels start rolling, the wings flex up, the train doors slam closed, the boat pushes off and the hammock starts to swing, you know it is all worth while.

The previoius few weeks have mostly been spent having my arms swiss cheesed with a variety of vaccinations.  Anti-malaria pill popping will start soon too.

This week has predominantly been spent applying for visas.  Russia, Mongolia, China and later, Belarus is your starter for ten. Russia is done - 7/10.  The Mongolians, bless their yak-wool socks, have granted visa free status to holders of my maroon coloured passport - 10/10.  So just China to go.  I already have five Chinese visas in my passport, and fingers crossed for no problems with the sixth.

Now, I just have to sort through all this junk I have accumulated during the last five and half years of living in Singapore.  It's pointless to spend money storing it, but this old horder finds it hard to throw his rubbish to the Karang Guni man.  What if that fourth USB cable comes in useful one day ...

Tags: getting ready, travel, vaccinations, visas

 

About daveonhols


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.