Existing Member?

OutandAbout Don't sweat the petty stuff, and whatever you do, don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Carry on up the Huayhuash

PERU | Wednesday, 3 October 2007 | Views [430] | Comments [3]

Ola Amigos

We finally said a tearful farewell to Cusco after a fab three weeks there.  The last couple of days were spent with a local family who have a son who friends of ours in Dunedin are godparents to.  Very cool to see a different side to Cusco.

As to the San Pedro experience, we are not sure words can do it any justice at all.  That is all we are saying on the matter!

We are now in Huaraz, trekking and climbing capital of South America.  Tomorrow we head off on a 12 day trek, 170km of trails, 10 passes 4500m or over and lots of big mountains.  It will be ourselves, a guide, a mule driver and four mules.  Quite an entourage!

Both very excited about the trip.  More news upon our return.

Hasta Luego

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

Have just latched onto this blog that you have set up -- so enjoyed reading it and looking at the photos.
Sounds as if you are having an amazing experience!
Lots of love Mum and Frank

  Mum Oct 4, 2007 7:08 PM

2

Fabulous views you may have, but is there any finer view in the world than watching Australian rugby supporters crying into their pints of unaffordable London lager ... I think not.

Bring us back a leg of guinea pig to try !

  Iain & Charis Oct 10, 2007 3:22 AM

3

anyone else want to mention the rugby?
i think not, not now after the result and we don´t have any South African friends. ( Ness)

  davenness Oct 22, 2007 8:20 AM

About davenness


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.