Existing Member?

. pretty i m a g e r y throw it away · forget yesterday · we'll make the great escape · we won't hear a word they say · they don't know us anyway

luck of the irish.

IRELAND | Wednesday, 26 December 2007 | Views [513]

may the road rise to meet you...

IRELAND

so, the flight from new york to philadelpia to dublin was terrible.
customs patted us down and searched our bags thoroughly. it was a random extended search. so we almost missed our flight.
then the plane food almost made me throw up.
and there were no t.v's.
so jetlagged in dublin. slept all day.
we picked up the car in dublin and started out on the road.
soon enough we came across some wild reindeer. they were gorgeous and very tame.
we drove through the beautiful countryside and then arrived at the little town of GORT. that was after seeing galway bay and a few castles.
the next day we spent the morning at coole house, where yeats the poet used to hang. the estate was just beautiful. by a lake, a gorgeous garden. then we went to yeats' tower, his cute little house, which is actually a tower. after that was the massive behemoth CLIFFS OF MOHER. sounds threatening, no?
blarney that night, the cutest little town.
and the day after we all kissed the blarney stone, which is supposed to give you eloquence.
after the stone, we started driving and passed by cork to finally arrive at youghal [pronounced yerl]. a sleepy little seaside town. it was gorgeous.
we had fish and chips.
that arvo we went to waterford crystal and caught the last tour through the crystal factory. it was amazing. and pretty.
okay, after that we made our way up to acklow and spent the night.
the next day we caught the ferry from dun laoghaire [pronounced dun leary] to holyhead, wales.
the drive through wales was so beautiful, the most beautiful.
castles carved out cliffs & seaside prettyness.
especially lludlando.
but we kept driving and finally got to alderly edge.
next blog.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

About darcy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.