Existing Member?

Roads Away from Home “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” ― Jack Kerouac

So long, farewell...

USA | Tuesday, 1 May 2018 | Views [437] | Comments [3]

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night!

And I’m off! After a weak of panic, I’m finally packed, at the airport, and ready to leave the States. Well, I guess I should clarify: I'm ready to leave the States now that I have consumed 2 glasses of wine to help put me to sleep for the next 10 hours (hehe).

I am not going to lie, packing was STRESSFULL. After spending a month carefully considering what to bring, I thought I had everything figured out. I was completely convinced I had a small, versatile wardrobe that would fit in my backpack and serve me well for the next 2 months. But, then, I tried to fit it all in my (what I think is a rather large) pack…AND IT DID. NOT. FIT. *More panic. Cue my mom and Aunt Megan to come to the rescue.* Luckily, my mom and Aunt Megan came in clutch. They helped me eliminate a couple items and roll all my clothes until they could not be rolled anymore. With their expertise, I ended up even having some room to spare! If you want to know what a first-time-international-traveler’s luggage looks like, refer to the picture below. Now, just imagine me carrying another smaller backpack in front of me along with that one. That’ll be me, sporting “the turtle” look. Look out Poland, here I come!

Surprisingly, getting through the international terminal at LAX was a breeze. I must have just been lucky since check-in and security only took about 30-45 minutes total. Now, I just have to wait 2.5 more hours before I can say my trip has officially begun. Maybe another glass of wine his in order...

First stop: Copenhagen. Final destination: Krakow, Poland. Pa for now! (That’s Polish for goodbye ;-) )

Tags: departure, leaving, travel

Comments

1

Be safe and have fun.

  Mom May 4, 2018 5:18 AM

2

Love the blog so far! Can’t wait to read more about your adventure. Need a pic of the turtle look! Have a wonderful time and stay safe !!!!! Love, Meggie

  Megan May 4, 2018 5:22 AM

3

Safe travels Dara and much love. So happy you are living life!

  Auntie Karen May 4, 2018 7:40 AM

About daralynn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.