Existing Member?

rtw

City Garden Hotel

HONG KONG | Saturday, 29 September 2007 | Views [956]

The City Garden hotel ( www.citygarden.com.hk )was my choice of hotel; all the big names in HK are really expensive and this one came up on www.Kayak.co.uk ( thanks Chris ). One of my colleagues has stayed there on business and said it was OK. It is actually in the suburbs of HK in a place called Fortress Hill. The hotel says it is in North Point, but it is actually in Fortress Hill. Getting to the hotel is suprisingly easy from Central, the MTR takes about 15 to 20 minutes. To get to the hotel from Fortress Hill MTR station is 5 minutes walk, leave from exit B, turn right and walk along to the crossing, cross over the road, walk one short block and you will see the hotel. From the hotel to the MTR is reverse, walk out of the main entrance, turn immediately left along the hotel driveway, turn left again, walk one block, cross the road, turn right and MTR is half way down the block.

On my final day I took the free hotel shuttle bus back to central station, it was air conditioned. If you plan ahead you may be able to organise it to pick you up from Central on your first day.

The hotel was Ok, however, the rooms were a little "tired" looking, the carpets were stained and the bathrooms although clean, looked badly maintained. Despite this, I would say this is a good mid range hotel to choose. I booked through Expedia and as usual with Expedia bookings, the hotel messed up and I had to spend the first night in a different room, the room was fine, but I had all the hassle of moving my stuff to a new room, which meant waiting for housekeeping to clean the room I was moving to (the hotel didn't offer to move it for me!).

Tags: Budgets & money

About daniel


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.