Existing Member?

Experiences in Ecuador

04-ene, Sabado

ECUADOR | Saturday, 4 January 2014 | Views [214]

January 4, 2014: Cuenca

On Saturday, we had our free day, which was very relaxing. Due to I chose to go to Piedra De Agua, Fuente Thermal & Spa. Before I went to Piedra De Agua, I began my day by getting breakfast at Coffeetree. I would say that is my favorite restaurant in Cuenca. Partly because the food is more American than other restaurants. However, I felt uncomfortable though because I was wearing shorts over my swimsuit and it seemed everyone was staring at me. I felt awkward because everyone was looking at me, pointing, and talking about me. I loved going there because we could sit in the hot tub or the pool that was very warm and relaxing. I also lay on the chairs and tried to tan but it was hard since it was cloudy and it began to rain. Since it got chilly after 2 hours being there, we decided to leave and grab ice cream. Then I walked home to change out of my shorts since I felt weird showing so much skin because in Ecuador people are very conservative. Then I went to the park to observe people for an observation paper we are doing for class. While I was taking notes I noticed people knew I was observing them and I felt some people were somewhat offended. After observing I walked to the market to buy a duffle bag so I can fit the gifts, I buy for people in and gifts for my friends and family. After the market I was exhausted so when I got home we ate dinner and then I went to sleep at 8:00 to rest up for the next day to go to Ingapirca ruins. Ecuador is a blast of a country to see!

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.