Existing Member?

Moving in Stereo

Hi - it's me, the central scrutinizer...

USA | Saturday, 26 December 2015 | Views [296]

Car Lisbon

Car Lisbon

12/13/15 

Hello,

My name is Russel and I'm going to try this travel blog.  I'm preparing for a 5 week journey.  This will be my second time traveling over seas.  I would like to share my planning process so that others may learn from my experience and I can see how this blog site works.

Why am I even doing this? When did I get it in my head, what was the inspiration, the spark that lead to this idea that I should ferry from Spain to Morocco? How did that become a 5 week trip where I travel to Albuquerque, New York, London, spend a week in Portugal, a week in Spain, and 2 weeks in Morocco, before returning to New York for a few days?

 

This is what, where, when, and how.

Not all of it actually. I’m still not sure why I’ve had this idea in my head for years. On my previous trip to Europe I was hoping to go to Morocco. In the end I was going to fly there and I’m glad I held off. I wasn’t ready for the trip then.  I still don’t know that I am, but I’m always up for adventure. 

My experiences on boats have generally been good. There was a trip from Vienna to Budapest along the Danube River. Got to see some cool sites along the way that I would have missed traveling on land –mainly backwoods cabins, campsites and views of the cities (we passed through Bratislava). I also took a boat from Venice to Croatia- once Venice left our view it was a fairly boring ride.  They say you can see Africa from Tarifa Spain on a clear day, so I’m hoping that this boat ride will allow for pleasant views. It’s only an hour long (the ride to Croatia took 3 or 4 hours)

 Me on a trolley in Lisbon 2011

To be continued…

 

About dangerruss

Me on a trolley in Lisbon

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.