Existing Member?

Adventures in South America

the last week or so

BOLIVIA | Friday, 12 October 2012 | Views [448]

I really like volunteering at the school for the blind.  It is so interesting and different.  I think it will be a great learning experience.  It has been awkward in the beginning but i think it will get better once the teachers and staff get used to me.  

I was in a 3rd and 4th grade class this past week at Huascar Cajias.  It was awesome to sit in on because im pretty sure my sign language and spanish is on a fourth grade level, hahaha.  But I did get to work with 2 students who have mental disabilities as well as being deaf.  I was teaching addition and subtraction completely in sign language!  I felt proud.  

I went to the movies for the first time here.  It was a fun experience.  I saw the movie Ted with spanish dubbing.  I think i missed a lot of the jokes but it was still funny.  

I watched the presidential debate with dianne and ron and some friends at Olivers pub.  It was odd that we were so far away, and I wont even be voting!

 

Last week I did a presentation to the teachers and director of Huascar Cajias.  I was so nervous to speak in Spanish, but i managed to talk about all of my examples for a good hour and a half.  I gave them many materials, I think the teachers were very happy.  I hope I can continue to help them and impact the school and students.  

About danalee


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.